And this is only talking about carsCollaboration, Energy, Science & Technology, Sustainability, Systems thinking
Watch from the 30 minute marker for about 10 minutes.
- The average American car uses 100 times its weight in ancient plants (converted to oil).
- 7/8th of the energy never gets to the weheel is lost in engine, idling, driveline, etc
- 1/2 of the remaining 1/8th heats tyres, road, air
- Only 1/20th of the mass you’re moving is you
- So only 0.3% of the energy used moves the driver
- We can easily and confidently make that more intelligent.
- And this is just talking about cars