10 steps to ideas that winSystems thinking
- MAKE IT RELEVANT. Identify a broad social trend that aligns with your core competencies and the values of your culture.
- MAKE IT STICK. With that trend, identify your customer and find something that they really need and can become integrated into their lifestyle.
- MAKE IT WASY TO ADOPT. Enhance an existing behvaiour rather than try to change human behaviour.
- MAKE IT MEMORABLE. Make your solution special, differentiated and the key selling features easy to understand.
- MAKE IT THE BEST IT CAN BE. Don’t ship unless customers love it and they can tell you why they would pay for it.
- MAKE IT EASY TO FIND. Change the rules of distribution. Take your product to where your customers are rather than where products are traditionally sold.
- MAKE IT EASY TO SHARE. Never forget that your customers are your sales force. Never forget the power of buzz.
- MAKE IT GREEN. Ensure you are a brand with a social conscience. Your effort and conviction here ensures a deeper emotional connection and a reason for someone to advocate for the relationship and the brand.
- MAKE IT FUN. Give both your culture and your product personality. Brighten their life and make it glow. If they are pleased to see you every day, both your customers are employees will be loyal advocates of your brand and the mission you are on.
- MAKE IT PROFITABLE. Test all assumptions over and over again. God conservative on sales and high on expenses, and create a business model what you believe with conviction will work and get everyone to buy in and feel ownership in that model. Together you will win.